Thursday, May 26, 2011

Tortue



English: Turtle

My friend, Emily, is a terrible liar. I mean seriously...terrible. We were having coffee one day when I mentioned that I needed to get a trekking backpack for my trip. She all of the sudden, semi-nonchalantly asked "So, what's your favorite color?" I answered, thinking she was referring to the ceramic mugs she was making me. The next day, when we were meeting for coffee after work, she was going to cut my hair, but said she had to "run an errand" before 5pm. I curiously asked where and she stammered "uh..just an errand." I inquired more, and she just smiled and repeated "an errand". A couple days later, I ran into her in the neighborhood and asked about my day, to which I told her that I needed to go to REI and get a backpack. Her response was wonderful:

Don't get a backpack
Emily, I need one
Grace, don't get a backpack
I have a friend...
um...you can borrow one.
It would be a good investment

DON'T get a backpack

I figured at that point, I probably shouldn't buy a backpack.

At a last going away dinner with all of my co-workers, Emily walked out with this beautiful bright green backpack. I feel beyond loved and they all chipped-in to buy me a backpack for my journey.

On the way into the airport, my roommate asked, "So how do you say turtle in French?"

Me and my lovely, green backpack

1 comment: